Jacob's CTF Server
Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Creatoss - 01-15-2014

Smunches, I believe I have apologized to you and other people at Acheron. If not, please tell them that I am sorry for what I've done in the past and that I am willing to take the necessary steps in making sure that the past is resolved.

Also, this, "shoving dick into someone's butt", is how I joke around with some of the other players within this community, I am sorry if this offends you but know that it was never meant to be taken as an offensive insult. I never had that intention when saying I want to, "shove my dick into someone's butt".

Smunches, you and the others at Acheron have every right to ignore and shun me but at the same time, I don't think it's right to vent anger, for any reason, onto a person--let alone when that person is apologizing to you directly.

Restating what I wrote before, I am sorry for what I've done and I apologize for my behavior and actions. If any other course of action needs to be taken then please tell me and I will attempt to do so. By all means do tell me. I want the past to be resolved in order for everyone to move on together.

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - T97 - 01-16-2014

Heyy

I'm going to be apologising a lot in this post, but let me start of by saying I'm sorry for how long this is gonna be, really I am.

I've reread both forums and now understand the situation very well, much better as opposed to what I thought I understood 2 days ago.

This match was suggested by Andilitox with the intention of it being "just for fun".

Andi - guys
Andi - I still have the tourny software
Andi - does anyone want to face team acheron for fun?

Crea - Another tourny?

Andi - no
Andi - just a match
Andi - for the lulz

[ Evidence: http://buildism.net/mc/logs.php?page=170#m16975). ]

The above evidence voids the following statements:

On Acheron's Forums:

Morgiepie42 - Also I agree with Aaron, we didn't 'challenge' you to play... Creatoss challenged us.

Market123 - 3.) I remember something that Andi talked about a tourney on Jacobs Server, but in relation to the Acheron Tournament, not in relation to a bitchfight between 2 Communities.

Aaron - Yeah. I forgot about this.
Do you have logs of Andi saying this? I probably seem really annoying by saying that, but seriously. Absolutely no one knew about this. He probably would have asked before he just goes and asks for a tournament.

On Jacob_'s Forums:

Sportsfan666 - Personally, I don't see a point in this competition. The old tournament was created to give the CTF community some exposure, plus rejuvenating it with new players. (I'm assuming Eddie didn't do it for some evil scientist reason) As far as I'm concerned, this 'contest' was just created because you guys are still bitter about losing to Acheron in the CTF tournament.

Sportsfan666 - Why do you guys want to go against us when the only reward would be bragging rights?

Now that all of that's out of the way, I'd like to bring up another issue.

We (That is, those on Jacob_'s CTF) were accused many times for taking this too seriously. The following are just two of the clearer examples I found on this thread alone.

Morgiepie42 - We have literally nothing to prove, and the fact that you guys are being so serious about this is laughable.
classic ctf super srs gaise
super.
srs.

Morgiepie42 - Making new maps we aren't familiar with, making game plans and classifying different roles, thinking of the most strategic map to use to your advantage, making a whole complete team list with subs, etc , etc.
...Before we've even accepted this "challenge"?
Reeeaaaallly?
Come on. Try harder please?

Immediately after these accusations, Acheron replied that they didn't know if they wanted to carry out the match as they could not per se, "take us seriously enough". I'm trying my best to understand the logic behind not being able to take serious people seriously but alas, I really can't. As I would rather much prefer to remain a more ... neutral party in this argument, I shall not provide examples. I'm fairly sure citing those above will generate enough hate as it stands. Please note that I am only using these particular comments because I feel the need to back up my argument with solid evidence. However, I can understand if my above actions are seen as "flaming" certain players. Therefore, I would like to sincerely apologise to Market, Morgie, Aaron and Sports for what I've just said. If that isn't enough, I will remove this post along with my post on page 7. Sorry.

Next I would like to say that I truly am sorry to Creatoss for disrupting, interfering and potentially shattering your plans at forming this clan. I was unaware of your intentions and therefore unknowingly seem to have shut down your plans. However, I do not believe that with the current situation between our communities that it is the right or ideal time to have a full blown match with Acheron. I feel that my comment on page 7 altered the flow of the conversation in ways that I did not expect, but I am still feeling more strongly about the "Randomizer Event" (Which I give much credit to Scabbesr and Makoto for.) than this sudden match with Acheron.

We have to admit that in contrast to Jacob_'s players, who have been very active in the past months, Acheron's players are rusty and will not be able to partake in this and perform at their 100%. Hence, with no disrespect to any players in Acheron's community, I forsee a very one-sided bloodbath in favour of Jacob_'s representing team. Their community's CTF server has not been running in quite some time and therefore we really do have an undeniable edge in this match. Therefore, I believe that the randomizer event will be a good "warm up" for their players and our own will be given a chance to feel what a competitive match is like. Furthermore, you have to realise that many other players in our community, like Craftho5000 for instance, might like to take part in this event. Thus, the randomizer event will allow more players to experience competitive CTF. It may even resolve some of the tension between the communities. All in all, I feel that it is per se, a win-win situation for both parties.

From Acheron's perspective, we are being far too serious for a game which was initially conceptualized "for the lulz". We must also realise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we must therefore respect them should they choose not to play against us, and allow them to retract Andi's proposal of a match. That said, I still feel dearly about this event and would very much like to see it happen :b

Hence, I propose that we carry out the match of "Acheron vs Jacob_'s Team" at a later date and time, when the tension dies down and players are more willing to participate. I hope that we can resolve this peacefully and more maturely. Once again, sorry if I've upset anyone in this post or my previous one and if I have I genuinely apologise.

Lastly I'm actually rather interested in whether other members in our CTF community would prefer the match or the randomizer event, but as this thread is titled "Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team" I shall speak no more of this event here.

Crea I really am sorry as this probably means your plans are delayed and if you'd like me to I will delete both posts, along with my suggestion of the randomizer event.

Sorry for this long and dreary post.

-T97

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Mars - 01-16-2014

Why even carry on with the event? They claim to not care but then they come on our forums just to complain and start fights.

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - T97 - 01-16-2014

(Sorry Mars, my mac lagged out and I was clicking furiously so ignore that rating^)

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Makoto - 01-16-2014

So. Now what's left is planning for the Ranomizer event, IF we wanted to do one. I'd recommend us to make a new thread, make a poll and discussion. From there we can branch out into ideas of how it'll go down, who wants to be involved in either helping, playing, etc.

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Creatoss - 01-16-2014

Why are we still trying to go through with this event?

Because many of us want to play an 'official' game held by two communities.

Because some of us believe that we can make better relations with Acheron.

And for the few of us, it's the refusal to submit into the intent of others.

For one reason or another, a small idea with small objective evolved into a full scale project, with a much larger goal...

Welcome to the fiasco that is Capture the Flag.

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - waffleninja6000 - 01-16-2014

Strong words Crea...

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Makoto - 01-16-2014

I said IF. So if you wanted, you can have votes to see what people want.

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - 30Sec - 01-16-2014

I just wwant how it started first

RE: Acheron vs. Jacob_'s Team - Scabbesr - 01-17-2014

Due to all of the negativity/disagreement, I am going to close down the thread. Like others have suggested, to create a new thread figuring out a new tournament.