Jacob's CTF Server
Afterkills (Bring them back) - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Afterkills (Bring them back) (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3

Afterkills (Bring them back) - Magic102 - 02-01-2014

On the server, people have been noticing that we can't kill each other. This leads to people wanting afterkills like that back. We see our purple wool being placed, but due to the new lag 'fix' it doesn't explode.

So, a few others and I are wanting to have the 'We can kill each other' un-fix back.

Also, it seems that it's always the less laggier person who gets the kills from the 'fix'.

Thanks for your consideration.

Any people who agrees and/or disagrees post below.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - T97 - 02-01-2014

100% with Maxi :P Afterkills should be given since the wool was placed before death, the analogy being:

Two people are in a gunfight. Both would die in 1 shot. The 1st person pulls the trigger a split second before the other, and the 2nd is killed. However, the 2nd person has already fired, and since his death does not change the fact that the bullet was traveling before he died, the 1st person dies too.

Likewise in CTF, when you explode a fraction of a second before death, I think the TNT should detonate and result in a mutual kill.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - waffleninja6000 - 02-01-2014

This really doesn't really concern me but for those others I agree

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Andilitox - 02-01-2014

I agree with max, this "fix" is very annoying and I hope it is removed.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - 30Sec - 02-01-2014

If you remove tnt speed limit you'll never see me again

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Magic102 - 02-01-2014

30 u know I was joking right? -_-

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Jacob_ - 02-01-2014

Look at it from the other side though. If you've already killed someone and seen the message saying that you killed them, should you have to watch out for them placing TNT and exploding it for a second or two after they die? Before the fix having a slow internet connection was as good as hot-keying or hacking and there was nothing I could do about it.

It's always been like that so you're all used to it, but think about the new players. Not only is everyone better than you, but after you kill them they can still kill you for a little while!

If anyone can suggest a compromise rather than just making it biased the other way again I might be able to do it. I already mentioned letting you place purple blocks in the spawn so if you legitimately placed TNT before you died, you can still explode it.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - jack - 02-01-2014

But by that time they have moved away. And it is especially annoying when you actually SEE the purple you placed before you died and it doesn't register. and you have to place it again.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Jacob_ - 02-01-2014

Everyone needs to understand that the fix doesn't affect anything unless you're already dead. The other person has already put TNT close enough to you to kill you and exploded it, but due to lag your computer hasn't gotten the instruction to go back to the spawn yet. The alternative is for you to hang around for a while after you're dead. Either way is going to be unfair for somebody.

Suggest compromises if you want, but I'm not bringing the old bugs back. It's not just TNT, you could even just keep walking and tag the person who just exploded you!

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - jack - 02-01-2014

Then why do I see a purple block that I placed right before I die? but my tnt still hasn't exploded?