Jacob's CTF Server
Afterkills (Bring them back) - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Afterkills (Bring them back) (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Jacob_ - 02-01-2014

The client shows blocks placed by you right away, but it doesn't mean that the server knows about it yet. Try placing a TNT when you already have one, the amount of time it takes for the server to get your block changes is half of the time it takes to disappear.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Jacob_ - 02-01-2014

Small update, you can place purple blocks after you die now.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Magic102 - 02-02-2014

Just saying but from what I noticed, even though my tnt explodes, the other person still explodes me even though it's a tie. Also, this can make the less laggier person register since they see their tnt explode faster than other peoples. It's a simple fact that the lag killing fix does not work. People like 30Sec and BkayB and other fast tnters, can still kill 3+ times within the time frame of which the tnt registers, so, either way the lag can't really be fixed in this way since it's the person who spams tnt makes it register too fast to handle. SO, therefore the problem isn't really the lag as much as the person who is tnt-ing. No matter what we do, a persons lag on ctf is un-controlable to the point of doneff for example. He lags so much that almost nearly anyone can kill him 4 times before the server registers him dead.

The *send the person back to spawn immeadiatly* thing doesn't necessarily work in that way, yes they can't kill u right after you kill them, but instead they can keep killing you until your person is sent back. We even have more people getting double kills than usual now.

*sorry for the long boring post*

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - eo2 - 02-02-2014

I just don't like the new fix. I liked it when you couldn't have ties. Usually worked out for me.

Thats the thing, the ties is what we want back. Since people would kill each other but now only the less laggier people get the kills and most times double kills.

RE: Afterkills (Bring them back) - Jacob_ - 02-02-2014

I don't even know what's being whined about now. Isn't this what everyone wanted?

(02-01-2014, 09:13 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Small update, you can place purple blocks after you die now.

By afterkills we mean direct ties from killing each other.

(02-02-2014, 12:36 PM)Magic102 Wrote: By afterkills we mean direct ties from killing each other.

I know exactly what you mean, and this was the most common way of getting afterkills!
(02-01-2014, 09:13 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Small update, you can place purple blocks after you die now.

I'm not going to unfix TNT as well since then you'd have the extremely laggy people still trying to kill you for a few seconds after they die. But allowing purple blocks to be placed should make it much easier.

So what your saying is that you can still get ties?

Yes.