Jacob's CTF Server
Minecraft CTF Tournament - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Minecraft CTF Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=422)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Minecraft CTF Tournament - Scabbesr - 04-04-2014

Today, I finally got on!

T97 and I came up with a few ideas for a tournament (Most of the credit goes to T9 for this idea).

He believes that if we had a tournament, there would be a bump in activity on the server (which I think would be awesome).

So, we're going to try and create a little tournament. And whoever wins will get a prize (prize has not been determined yet).

Teams
- We would like 4 teams at least.
- Each team will have a maximum number of 4 players.
- Team Captains will be able to pick/choose who is on their team.

Rules
- OP's are allowed to play. However, they can not be on WoM/xWoM/CC, etc.
- Store is not allowed to be used either.
- No using hacks eg. Flying/Speedhacks/No-clip, etc.

Format
- The matches will be decided at random and this will take the regular tournament format
(No one is allowed to interfere with this game while it is taking place).

The winners of each of the games, will then battle each other for 1st place and the losers will fight for 3rd.
A prize will only be given to the #1 team

Note: Maps will be voted on before hand.
- There will be 3 rounds each.

If you would like to be a Team Captain, please respond below.

Team's

Team #1

Team Captain: BkayB*
Member 1: Maximumride67
Member 2: classic1234*
Member 3:

Team #2

Team Captain: Cyber1435x
Member 1: T97
Member 2: 30Sec
Member 3: waffleninja6000

Team #3

Team Captain: jackhound123
Member 1: FluffyFlyingB0B
Member 2: eo2
Member 3: deathator2

Team #4

Team Captain:
Member 1:
Member 2:
Member 3:

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - T97 - 04-04-2014

After many days of lurking on the forum I've noticed that there are many, MANY inactive players who still visit the forums frequently. This in itself shows that whilst the server may be dead, the community is not.

The hope is that we can get 4 teams or more to participate in this "tournament" (A term I use VERY LOOSELY after the AvsJ incident a while back) for the sake of fun and nostalgia. The date and times can be discussed at later dates. I'm just curious as to how many players would be keen on participating?

After the disappointment of previous attempts at this I hope we can finally get it right. :b

Let us relight the fire of Jacob_'s CTF server Smile

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Magic102 - 04-04-2014

For the sake of actually coming online and checking up upon this forums, I may participate in this "Tournament" if it does actually go through.

I will create a team. If the team slots aren't filled yet, that is.

If you would like to join my team, send me a PM on these forums. And if you do ask, but are not accepted, just don't cry, that's one thing I hate. And plus, I already have a team all planned out. It's not the best, but it's for fun...

Right Bel? :P

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Cyber1435x - 04-05-2014

making a team of my own :p

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - T97 - 04-05-2014

[Edit] I edited the team size to 4 because with 3 players the team structures would be too rigid (1 player attacks, 1 player defends, the other supports) and with 4 players it would make things like teamwork more important than individual player skill. (2v1ing "pro" players would become a legitimate strategy and things like defending and attacking would be more flexible) Hopefully there is enough support (16 participants minimum as opposed to 12) to see this through.

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Magic102 - 04-05-2014

I'm sure we have enough people to participate... since the server is dead, but the community isnt, I'm pretty sure we have all mostly gone rusty with this time period...

And also, who will Referee for this set of events? Jacob_? Scabb? T97? idk :P

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Scabbesr - 04-05-2014

I wouldn't mind being a ref.

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Bel - 04-06-2014

What? I didn't sign up to be part of the team thooo :/ I would ,but since my computer is all crapped up and I can't even get it to work. I'm on vacation for 2 months. Also now I won't have time to play video games and crap like I used to.

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - Magic102 - 04-06-2014

^^ And plus, I was just making a reference to when we faced jack and fluffy on outpost... Good times.

RE: Minecraft CTF Tournament - OGUSHALLDAY - 04-06-2014

Count me out of this. Plus, this is how all the other tournament ideas are. They have this idea, not enough players, it never happens.