Jacob's CTF Server
Flag pass - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Flag pass (/showthread.php?tid=428)

Flag pass - DaBoss* - 04-08-2014

Ok, ok, first thread about the server. had this Idea yesterday, so I was thinking about this, when someone captures the flag, they could just run at someone on their team, and then that person has the flag for when if you like to be offence or striker go for the kill, take any risk like Cyb's :P but you don't want to risk losing the flag, and if you see someone who is open no one on them or if they are defending you could just pass to that person, and defend while the other person could get the capture.

RE: Flag pass - Scabbesr - 04-08-2014

I believe we used to have a 'drop' where, when the player died it would drop the flag so someone from the same team could pick it up.

Seems like a good idea.

Sounds like Football.

RE: Flag pass - T97 - 04-09-2014

This would really, really suck to be honest *sweatdrop*
No offence, it's a good concept. However, there are some people who would probably exploit this by stealing their teammates flags, therefore resulting in an artificial increase in their own capture total... Basically what I'm trying to say is that flag-stealing would become a thing.

RE: Flag pass - Jacob_ - 04-09-2014

(04-08-2014, 09:13 PM)Scabbesr Wrote: I believe we used to have a 'drop' where, when the player died it would drop the flag so someone from the same team could pick it up.

Seems like a good idea.

Sounds like Football.

We still have that, you should play more :P

I'm considering increasing the drop time though, since I've been playing TF2 a lot and the drop time there is much longer, making it more interesting. If you don't keep defending the flag after it gets dropped, the person you killed can just respawn, come back and take it again.

RE: Flag pass - Magic102 - 04-09-2014

Heres a suggestion:

/drop - Drop the flag if you're carrying it.

Basicly you just drop the flag where you are, and if you're in the air, it 'spawns' below you to the nearest block below you.

RE: Flag pass - Cyber1435x - 04-15-2014

well the current /drop only allows you to drop crates :/

RE: Flag pass - Jacob_ - 04-15-2014

Maybe clicking the flag block above your head could make you drop it?

RE: Flag pass - Magic102 - 04-15-2014

New suggestion from the other thing I wrote.

[NEW] /drop no longer drops points, that is /pointdrop (/pt)

[NEW] /drop lets you drop the flag where you are.

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR

[NEW] /fd - Drops the flag if you're carrying it.

RE: Flag pass - Cyber1435x - 04-16-2014

Another idea relating to "flag passing"

/fp [name] - passes the flag to a nearby player on your team
(command will not work if you're 10 blocks away from your flag.)

RE: Flag pass - jack - 05-04-2014

/fp takes too much time when you have somebody chasing you. Maybe have your teammate click on the thing that hovers over your head?