Jacob's CTF Server
Publicity - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Publicity (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Publicity - eo2 - 10-08-2014

ill post it now
it might take me a while to phrase it correctly, but ill be done in a few minutes.
I might also be able to get my cousin who does reddit things to make a post on that community. He used to play ctf
ill post my post on here just so we can all approve it before i actually post it. it has to be perfect Big Grin

Alright, here it is. The title of the thread is Classicube, but like everything else in this imaginary post, it is up for debate.

Hello, I am eo2, a regular guy who plays minecraft. I started out in classic, like many others, and eventually played the real game like many other minecrafters. Except, unlike the rest of you, something in classic caught my eye. I played on the old lava survival servers, the old zombie survival servers, which are all very enjoyable, but they have long since been supplemented in regular mine craft by bigger and better things. What really kept me in classic was a certain server called Jacob_'s Capture the Flag (See bottom for rules). In those days, it was constantly filled, and the games were fun and fast. All was right in the world.

But something changed after a while. Jacob_'s was shut down and other servers like Vexgaming, Beastgaming, Acheron, and Wondercraft popped up. They were all almost as good as the last, but as each hosting community changed, players began to leave. And then Minecraft shut down the link to the classic servers, essentially ending all new players ways of connecting to CTF. With our base group, and Jacob_ rehosting his server, classic capture the flag continued on for quite a time. From July 1st, 2013, we have survived on a bare bone group of pessimistic CTF players.

We also converted the servers over to classicube, a version of classic that seemed to have more players and support then the discontinued minecraft classic. Ever since then, things have just gone downhill. In the past year, we have lost essentially everyone. What was once a huge minecraft community was destroyed by the discontinuation of classic. At this point, there are only a handful of players left, for, in my mind, one of the greatest games ever created.

I come to you as a regular minecraft player. What if a server like uberminecraft, choicecraft or playminecraft were to just to disappear because Mojang wanted it to happen? Or what if Mojang just decided to get rid of the download button for minecraft? That is what happened to us.

And now we are here, asking you not to become a regular on our game, because everyone has the right to his or her own game. We are just asking you to try it. You don't have to like it, but at least try out classicube capture the flag. Trust me, it is worth the effort. At the bottom of this post is the instructions to download classicube along with a link to Jacob_'s forums.

Classic CTF is very different from the CTF we see in normal minecraft. Basically, the goal is to grab a block in the opponents base, the flag, and return it to your flag. This seems pretty simple, but there were several things getting in your way. First, other players on the opposite team could tag you if you were on their side. There was also something known as TNT, which was the main way of fighting the other team. One would place a TNT block, then a purple block, and the TNT would detonate, killing any and all players with in a 4-5 block radius around the TNT.

Forums: http://buildism.net/mc/index.php

How to get from Classicube to playing the CTF
Go to https://www.classicube.net/
Click Join now.
Enter a username, a password, and a valid email adress.
Download the correct client launcher for your computer.
Sign in using the account you just created, and search Jacob_
Double click on the server to start playing.
It is also suggested that you make a shortcut for classicube on your desktop, giving much easier access to classicube.
Remember that CTF is not the only game on classicube! There are other fun servers as well.

RE: Publicity - jack - 10-09-2014

I suppose it works but... I don't know... something seems off about it. I can't tell what it is. other than that it looks pretty good. Though the recently played people... all of those people have played recently Not just you I and Fluffy. And usually more regular people come on more than then number of Op's. it is just that the Op's are on a lot more.

RE: Publicity - eo2 - 10-09-2014

I think i might just take out the list of people.
It's not really nessacery at this point
Does it look better now?

Yes that does look better d: Also it is a 4 block diameter a 2 block radius. but other than all that! it looks great!

RE: Publicity - Firetrout - 10-09-2014

There is one obstacle here.

Premium CTF

Which is different, but still.

Classic CTF is much better though.

RE: Publicity - eo2 - 10-09-2014

Its worth a try. So is this version good enough to post?

In my opinion? yeah I think so.

RE: Publicity - Magic102 - 10-09-2014

it includes the tnt in the diameter. so it's 5. Lag happens.

RE: Publicity - Firetrout - 10-09-2014

Lag doesn't always happen, but when it does, it always happens.