Jacob's CTF Server
Issues about /rtv and /no - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Issues about /rtv and /no (/showthread.php?tid=489)

Pages: 1 2

Issues about /rtv and /no - Magic102 - 01-14-2015

This has been around forever but would it be possible to modify the code for rtv to make it so when someone rtv's it remembers who the person was so if they rejoin they can't /rtv or /no again?

If so make it possible. Some people just spam rejoining the server and doing /rtv or /no to get their way.

Highly abused in my opinion

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - OGUSHALLDAY - 01-14-2015

I think it's highly underrated

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - killerninja891 - 01-14-2015

I disagree with this. Maybe because sometimes it's needed.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - Magic102 - 01-14-2015

well when people spam it to change a map or to keep one because of just their valued opinion, it's wrong. One person shouldn't be able to overrule the entire group.

If the people dont want it changed or not, thats their choice, one person shouldnt be able to decide that.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - Firetrout - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 10:30 PM)Magic102 Wrote: One person shouldn't be able to overrule the entire group.

But that's how democracy works.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - Magic102 - 01-14-2015

Fire just don't even start. You can troll on other threads that are outdated but I recommend you don't troll on threads such as this one.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - OGUSHALLDAY - 01-14-2015

The legend has spoken. well what ever killer says, goes. so I guess this thread should be locked.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - T97 - 01-15-2015

The way people abuse this is by joining a team, /rtving, disconnecting, reconnecting and then repeating everything until they succeed. Usually I kick people for this after the 2nd /rtv, but yeah if this could be patched it'd be swell~

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - killerninja891 - 01-15-2015

1) Think about the following scenarios: You are a newb, and you are the only one in your team or you don't have very good teammates on your side, and the other team has 2 (or so) pro's. The map (as someone said) is something like compound or stadium that doesn't give you much advantage either (some maps do), and the other people will obviously do /no. In this case the only things you can do is /ragequit, jon the spec team or do something like this to put things even (to balance everything).

2) Should you decife to take this suggestion, ffs, make it so that /rtv can't go negative! Many are the cases when you have to log in multiple times when you are the only one or the other team has less than 3 ppl on them, to first bring it to positive and then changing the map. Could help, up to some extent.
I say this because it goes straight negative when someone does /no, and then /no, and to bring it positive it must pass through 0 first.

RE: Issues about /rtv and /no - Jacob_ - 01-15-2015

Fixed. I also made it reset the number of votes to 0 if the server is empty.