Jacob's CTF Server
New Ranks (idea) - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: New Ranks (idea) (/showthread.php?tid=495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Ranks (idea) - killerninja891 - 01-29-2015

Same for compound and sector9, they are way more smaller than stadium.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Magic102 - 01-29-2015

At least they have alternative routes other than a flat field.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Jacob_ - 01-29-2015

It's mostly the size that matters. A really big flat field would be really boring, but it would be easy to get the flag without even seeing anyone.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - T97 - 01-29-2015

I'll admit, it was slight overkill. But I was really pissed off because I don't think killer realises how many hours the "pros" have put into the game, be it with installing their macros or actually playing repetitively.

Now that my tits are calm, let me just tell you the biggest reason for why I can't support what you said.

There are always multiple ways to look at a situation.

You have your own playing style that you enjoy, but so do others. If something is implemented that favours one group of people, we'll essentially lose the rest of our community because, simply put: They'll lose interest.

If you want to lose even more of our community, then this is the perfect way to do it.

Change of this magnitude shouldn't be biased to a group.

If we really wanted to go through with this, I'd prefer we added something like a store item that increased player speed for a duration of time. To balance it, we'd have to make the player unable to use TNT while under this effect and stealing the flag or getting exploded by TNT would cause the speed boost to end. So, you essentially have a shield that makes you run faster and blocks the attack from 1 TNT. Needless to say, once the boost runs out, you can be killed by and will have the ability to place TNT again.

But I agree with Jac_, the main reason that this playstyle is more popular is that maps like Stadium encourage it.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - killerninja891 - 01-29-2015

I agree with the store idea T97, it is what I was trying to say.

I partook the idea from the flash game "Ultimate Assassin 2"

Almost like /s (shield) from Acheron, which protects you from tagging for 10 or so seconds...

I'll have a ponder, and maybe a graph or two how to equally solve this problem without making it be OP or too less fantastic.

For the line thing maybe have a deal thing. Like, for every extra 10 points you give, the line can't be destroyed for an extra 4 seconds? something on that line would be okay (no pun intended).

You could have a tnt shield which you may have to pay 90 points for and lasts 7 seconds. And you can't use it whilst you have the flag or in a duel. Also you can't use it within 15 seconds of the previous time.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Firetrout - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 10:04 PM)Magic102 Wrote: Almost like /s (shield) from Acheron, which protects you from tagging for 10 or so seconds...

I'll have a ponder, and maybe a graph or two how to equally solve this problem without making it be OP or too less fantastic.

For the line thing maybe have a deal thing. Like, for every extra 10 points you give, the line can't be destroyed for an extra 4 seconds? something on that line would be okay (no pun intended).

You could have a tnt shield which you may have to pay 90 points for and lasts 7 seconds. And you can't use it whilst you have the flag or in a duel. Also you can't use it within 15 seconds of the previous time.

I would totally love to plug the spawn with it for 10 minutes. 90k points well spent.

grenades and rockets man...

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Firetrout - 01-29-2015

The trolling potential of rockets have been lowered by overuse. And overhype.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - eo2 - 01-30-2015

(01-29-2015, 08:42 PM)T97 Wrote: If we really wanted to go through with this, I'd prefer we added something like a store item that increased player speed for a duration of time. To balance it, we'd have to make the player unable to use TNT while under this effect and stealing the flag or getting exploded by TNT would cause the speed boost to end. So, you essentially have a shield that makes you run faster and blocks the attack from 1 TNT.

I just want to point out, something like this was actually used a long time ago.
Instead of a speed boost, which is very hard considering the whole classic thing, they used a ten second invisibility that would be broken upon placing blocks, breaking blocks, or after 10 seconds.
I do not really if you make this store thing, or if you make T97's store idea, or if you don't. Won't make a difference to me, I just wanted to through that out.