Jacob's CTF Server
New Ranks (idea) - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: New Ranks (idea) (/showthread.php?tid=495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Ranks (idea) - T97 - 02-02-2015

The king troll has spoken

RE: New Ranks (idea) - killerninja891 - 02-02-2015

The server as it is, is completely unfriendly to new people. People who like hard games would like it, but for a reason Mynemaniacs and Vaporland get almost all their slots taken.

Seeing on how is your line of thoughts, anyone who has a 20+k points will come regularly and play, while new ones won't.

I meant to say, sometimes I don't see the TNT's, and also who killed me, much less I am able to defend myself. Reding chats sometimes don't give much info, as the damage is done, and sometimes when they're near spawn only thing I can do in /join spec.

Addendum: The solution to people spamming TNT as fast as possible is what Caz did: Automatic TNT, where people would wait 2-5 seconds until their previous TNT blew up´.

Or make a 2-5 second wait between each TNT. Help reduce server lag and makes server be more friendly.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Firetrout - 02-03-2015

There is something called /help, read it. Read the damn thing. It's there for a reason.

Also, Myne is an intrinsically different game. Comparing it to CTF is like comparing a game of tag to a game of explosive, well, CTF.

Also, Vaporland classic has no one on it.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - killerninja891 - 02-04-2015

You have overlooked something.

(02-02-2015, 11:05 PM)killerninja891 Wrote:

Addendum: The solution to people spamming TNT as fast as possible is what Caz did: Automatic TNT, where people would wait 2-5 seconds until their previous TNT blew up´.

Or make a 2-5 second wait between each TNT. Help reduce server lag and makes server be more friendly.

With Auto TNT, it would work the same way mines do now, and also will be more noob friendly. Plus, also will make people focus on other parts of the game (such as capturing) rather than their prowess with TNT.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - eo2 - 02-04-2015

The theory of delaying TNT changes fundamental things about the game, and basically ruins the whole idea of TNT battles, which is something that almost everyone on the server enjoys. There is a reason why caznowl was always considered not considered to be 'real' CTF, and caznowl players kept to their server, while the rest of us played on the similar (to eachother) servers of Acheron, Jacob_s, Vex, and Wondercraft.

We want to play the CTF we know. We want new users to learn to the game we learned to love, not that Caznowl garbage.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Firetrout - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 09:26 AM)killerninja891 Wrote: With Auto TNT, it would work the same way mines do now, and also will be more noob friendly. Plus, also will make people focus on other parts of the game (such as capturing) rather than their prowess with TNT.

How would this be more noob friendly? All this would do is make choke spots with mines that much longer to clear and reduce defending the flag to little more than half the team standing there, milling about, because they would be able to chase off anyone trying to tnt them.

Really, the only thing this would do is encourage ancient players with hundreds of thousands of points to store the hell out of people just to get to the damn flag.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Magic102 - 02-06-2015

Indeed. And for your saying of it being more new player friendly, we all had to go through that, whether you may think not of it, but all of us had to learn to use tnt effectively.

In my first few months I said nothing on the server and just got ran over by people. But I had stuck to it and now I'm up there with the other players who had once trampled me.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Paladin - 02-06-2015

Max you sux :3

RE: New Ranks (idea) - jack - 02-06-2015

I'm one of those people who go for the flag but, take the most direct path attempting to mow everybody down that I face.

RE: New Ranks (idea) - Magic102 - 02-06-2015

I do not sux. I just have reached a new generation of lag. but yeah, if there was tnt delay, I woudn't play at all.

The only perk older players have is experience. And if we start from the beginning with different things, that wouldn't work out as well as it sounds.