Jacob's CTF Server
Store: Enderpearl - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Store: Enderpearl (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Pages: 1 2 3

Store: Enderpearl - Cheesse - 05-30-2015

This is an idea that I thought about and was mentioned by someone.

The enderpearl is thrown like a grenade, however it teleports you instead of exploding. The range of the enderpearl is much larger than that of the grenade, but it has a longer cooldown of at least 1 minute. It also has a chance of either killing you or making you drop the flag.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - waffleninja6000 - 05-30-2015

Dude...with all these suggestions...It's like people want to get REKT...

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Creatoss - 05-30-2015

Okay, but what are the limits? I'd say that making this item have the range of a grenade isn't useful and isn't a good idea. Make it fire like a rocket; however, add a restriction to how far you can go.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - xnotx123 - 05-30-2015

I can imagine this being overpowered. We already have /line, which is used for movement.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Cheesse - 05-30-2015

I've already stated that enderpearl would have longer range than grenade, and I believe it should have grenade physics so that it becomes slightly difficult to pull of the desired maneuver.

Limits:
60 second cooldown
Chance of death or flag drop.

(Grenade physics are very strange. Parametric equations would be better suited instead of rectangular equations in order to determine the parabolic curve of the grenade. Currently, if you aim up, the grenade shoots high up while if you aim low, grenade has less range.)

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Creatoss - 05-30-2015

Even so, we have a collection of good players on CTF who know how to use grenades effectively and accurately. If we do as you suggest and make this new item have a grenade-like trajectory, certain players could abuse this item to tag others through otherwise impossible 'to-get-in-time-to' spaces.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I will say it again: items are not supposed to give one group of players an unfair advantage and should not hamper game play.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - waffleninja6000 - 05-31-2015

Unfair? Not my fault people don't take the some time to exercise their gr skills...we all have the same store and we all have points...shit is not unfair...

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Cheesse - 05-31-2015

Making enderpearl into a rocket would be worse; rocket is much easier to aim and use than grenade.

This suggestion was made in thought of peaceful runners (think of killerninja), since I believe they are the most underpowered class of CTF players.

I believe your statement that this can be "abused to tag others through otherwise impossible 'to-get-in-time-to' places is irrelevant, since, for example, both grenade and rocket can be used similarly to kill others "through otherwise impossible 'to-get-in-time-to' places.

One side note: this does not give anyone particular OPness since anyone is able to use it to achieve an effect. There will always be people who do this better than others. This does not mean that it will drastically change the gameplay.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - waffleninja6000 - 05-31-2015

What Chester said...Bitch...

RE: Store: Enderpearl - killerninja891 - 05-31-2015

Agree with this, however the death is too much of a risk... flag drop is enough for me.