Jacob's CTF Server
Store: Enderpearl - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Store: Enderpearl (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Store: Enderpearl - eo2 - 05-31-2015

I would say certianity of flag drop, while death not being a risk. It should not be a rocket.

Just making it clear, i do not want this added either way. Those suggestions were to make it more balanced if this item was added.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - shadow5478 - 05-31-2015

I agree. This would be great!!!!!!!!!!!1

RE: Store: Enderpearl - xnotx123 - 05-31-2015

An enderpearl would allow for players to fit through 1 block spaces, which would give them a mega advantage - and definitely get to some spots that have never been accessible before.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - jack - 05-31-2015

I don't think that would go over very well.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Jacob_ - 05-31-2015

Some maps have 1 block holes that go out of the map...

RE: Store: Enderpearl - waffleninja6000 - 05-31-2015

What's that map where the flags are under water, separated only by a wall with a hole?

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Creatoss - 05-31-2015

Not exactly. Rocket is nearly impossible to use in close quarters: you have to fire it at a target that's farther away. You miss my point Cheese: a rocket-like trajectory would ensure that players can't tag because it would force players to fire at an area farther away.

Also, I'm going to respectfully ask that you calm down Waffle: your current behavior makes you look foolish.

RE: Store: Enderpearl - killerninja891 - 05-31-2015

(05-31-2015, 10:49 PM)waffleninja6000 Wrote: What's that map where the flags are under water, separated only by a wall with a hole?

hydro?

RE: Store: Enderpearl - waffleninja6000 - 06-01-2015

Or...or...I could continue with my normal behavior...

RE: Store: Enderpearl - Cheesse - 06-01-2015

Rocket is used by some mainly to explode only a small distance away rather than far away. You have some people who use rocket rather than TNT in some close combat situations, and this is considered cheap and rude. Grenade is fairly close-range, so I understand your point, however, enderpearl is not meant to allow you to travel completely across the map, which is what rocket can do. (You mentioned limiting the distance of the rocket. I support you there

Rocket does not encourage users to shoot far away. It can be used to reach any distance, and perhaps more effectively in close quarters. Grenade may be close-range, but it does not do its effect as immediately as rocket, and grenade is subject to more inaccuracies, which lowers the chance of enderpearl successfully allowing ranged tagging.

Enderpearl is meant to escape sticky situations. For this I support rocket physics, but better and longer grenade physics will do similarly. Also, grenade physics will have a curve that allows a player to teleport behind a wall or into a pit, which is very useful. Rocket can't do that.