Jacob's CTF Server
Stats Removal - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Stats Removal (/showthread.php?tid=724)

Stats Removal - BkayB - 10-04-2015

The idea of having a leaderboard and ingame stats is totally logical and reasonable. These were implemented when there were a lot of players as a friendly competiton of sorts.

Now with our decent yet relatively few amount of players, I believe our server has gone crazy with stats. People do unimaginable things just for that. In a bad way. A few years ago some would tryhard to win and to raise their stats, it is true. However they would play when others were and all in all with legitimate mannerisms, which resulted to fun. A lot of fun throughout the whole game.

Here we are currently in a lower state of individuals. You all know that ClassiCube's not going to get any better than back in the day but their main goal is also to bring fun. Yet so you still decide to become #1 in such a horrid way? The pure desire of becoming it is acceptable I guess. But ruining the fun for one or more of the minimum 100 players that you might be playing with in CTF thus seeking your desire? You're out of your mind if that really is your moral thought in this game. You never know what's soon to happen here. So enjoy what few moments you might be having here instead of keeping such an avid mentality for stats.

Of course a suggestion is all this is right now, which is why I solicit your active participation in this discussion: should we remove leaderboards? modify features that frequently incite people to play simply to win? other opinions? Everything appropriate to this thread is much appreciated.
G'day

RE: Stats Removal - Classic - 10-04-2015

Good point. Though since Im competitive, which im not going to deny then I'd prefer leaderboards to stay. Gives me a chance to challenge myself. If certain things are being made to look unfair then in my opinion it should be added to the rules or announced in some way, to prevent it from happening.

RE: Stats Removal - eo2 - 10-04-2015

Could you be a little more specific about these "unimaginable things" that people do to win?

RE: Stats Removal - jack - 10-04-2015

Things like people beating bkay!

RE: Stats Removal - BkayB - 10-04-2015

^ That, rocking the vote to force the game to end right when you get a slight lead: the amount of caps needed to win is there, get that number instead of cutting it short or ask a member to tweak the settings for you.

Team switching to deliberately gain an advantage your prior opposing team had just to win: why oh why? Just play for fun.

All in all I would sum it up to rule number one on the server but of course this is my opinion.

RE: Stats Removal - eo2 - 10-04-2015

IMO, none of those things warrant removal of the stats. Many people (myself not included) like the stats, and in the past stats resets have facilitated people playing the game, which is good.

But all of those two things are aggravating. I would suggest a change to the /rtv mechanics if the difference of captures is 2 or less. As for the teamswitching, I got nothing.

RE: Stats Removal - Magic102 - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:58 PM)eo2 Wrote: As for the teamswitching, I got nothing.

If the other team has 2 or more captures more than you, you can't switch to their team, OR if the other team has 4 captures you can't switch anyways.

There could be something along the line of team K/D. The K/D starts at 0 and as the game progresses the K/d rises and falls. You can't switch to the team with the higher K/D if that team has a much higher one than your team. Such as:

Team A's K/D = 2.31
Team B's K/D = 5.64

This results in that team A can't switch to Team B (you can still spec of course and 'try' to get on the B team)...

Team A's K/D = 3.46
Team B's K/D = 4.12

This results in you are able to switch freely.

You don't have to use the numbers I gave, just a suggestion, you don't have to do it at all. This was just to prove a solution to the problem at hand :P

EDIT: The team with the substantially higher K/D can switch to the other team as long as the teams are still balanced with the number of players.

RE: Stats Removal - BkayB - 10-06-2015

(10-04-2015, 06:58 PM)eo2 Wrote: I would suggest a change to the /rtv mechanics if the difference of captures is 2 or less.

In addition to this I'd suggest having the game end by RTV when the majority of the players do so. I think that's how it works to some extent, but not in smaller team scales i.e. 1v1, 2v2. With that player count, I believe that the command ends the game when only half the players rock the vote. I don't know if this is completely true so I'll have to ask for more experimented ones to confirm here and also for everyone to state their thoughts about this.