Jacob's CTF Server
Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Banning Hotkeys from CTF (/showthread.php?tid=826)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - jack - 07-25-2016

I find macros harder to wield. So I prefer the traditional way.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Bacon - 07-25-2016

so u admit u use macros :O

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Mars - 07-26-2016

CTF is already supposed to be played thoughtfully, but people are still stuck in the "lol spam tnt" mentality that's been incorrect for 5 years.

Hotkeys will do nothing but make people spam tnt faster as per usual. Removing or keeping hotkeys really doesn't matter since the result is the same.

Bottom line is you punks need to git gud and find a way to counter it rather than spamming faster.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Classic - 07-27-2016

To be brutually honest I agree with what Stag said. You are being oblivious if you think hotkeys requires skill. Anyone can spam a button and it really does just take away the fun/determination in learning how fast you can detonate tnt manually or using store by typing quickly. Most of those who want it to stay are probably those who use it and can't be bothered learning the original way, which takes time and effort to develop. In a way it is sort of a shortcut compared to manually doing it yourself and why should new players learn a different way than we old players did, when hotkeys wasn't around? The only thing I would say hotkeys is benefical for is as buzz said, talking quickly to your team when you urgently need to.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Waffle - 07-27-2016

Translation: Something something Shortcut, something aomething Dark Side, something something, Complete

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Cheesse - 07-27-2016

The use of hotkeys doesn't take skill, obvously. The point is to make TNT easier to use for anyone. There are still aspects of TNT usage that do take skill and experience, so it does not make TNT obsolete. Why does TNT need to be more complicated to use than it should be? All it does is discourage new players from playing since they cannot understand how some people use TNT faster than they do. There is no point in keeping TNT hard to use.

The use of hotkeys actually discourages TNT spam since it becomes futile to try to win a TNT fight without some kind of in-game advantage. It only becomes useful in establishing front lines and defenses.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Classic - 07-27-2016

Having hotkeys doesn't bring new players to play more, as most don't even know about them when they join. We all were new players to start off with and of course it took us time to get faster and learn how to use tnt properly. But isn't that the aim of the game? otherwise they wouldn't have a purple block to detonate the tnt and just have the tnt exploding itself after placing it. It isn't complicated people just make it more complicated than it needs to be. You can aim to get better and faster using tnt manually, which will push players to achieve their goals and become better the more they practice.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Cheesse - 07-27-2016

Hotkeys don't "bring" people, that's true, but it doesn't discourage them from playing, which is the point. I understand that we were all noobs one time, but that time was years ago, when servers got more traffic other than the regulars, and CTF would be populated by more noobs than pros. Now, since most of the people that play CTF are pros, many of the noobs get shit on and leave.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - jack - 07-27-2016

(07-25-2016, 05:05 PM)Bacon Wrote: so u admit u use macros :O

I do not "use" macros. However, I have tested them before. They don't work well. Trust me.

Also I usually find it a lot easier to kill people using hot keys or macros because they ignore placement more. They do not increase skill at all.

RE: Banning Hotkeys from CTF - Waffle - 07-27-2016

This is a hard one. I see Chester's point, about not needing it to be harder. Plus more people would stay. However, doing so would change the game, all of us, even those that don't primarly use tnt, would experience a revolution of sorts. The focus would move from speed to placement. I already do that, I mean, I can't even go that fast, but now imagine the entire server shifting. I'm not saying it wouldn't be bad, but not good either. I can't pretend to know if it would be a positive or negative change. Just know that you would be changing one of the core pillars this game stands on. But that's just my two cents :P.