Jacob's CTF Server
The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - Printable Version

+- Jacob's CTF Server (https://jacobsc.tf)
+-- Forum: Minecraft Capture the Flag (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CTF Strategy (https://jacobsc.tf/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! (/showthread.php?tid=871)

The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - Hyperstrike - 08-19-2016

hello there! in case you don't know me, i am the worst person to have on your team. not only am i not very good at using tnt, i thoroughly enjoy trolling the living hell out of other players. since i can't play the game right now, i thought that i should post my official guide for trolling this server.

note: i am not responsible if you get banned for doing any of these things. in fact, you probably will, so you have been warned.

spamming: the art of flooding the screen with useless/annoying messages. the most effective way to do this is to put your right index and middle finger on the 3 and enter keys on your keyboards numeric pad. then put your left index finger on the t key. press all these buttons ad infinitum and the screen will be flooded with spam!

another effective way to spam is to type an annoying sentence and then have it be repeated. in case you don't know, after you press t, you can use the up and down arrows to select a message you typed earlier. the message you type can be an annoying song lyric (i'm so fresh you can suck my nuts is a personal favorite of mine), or copy/paste a story repeatedly. i did this once with the story called "a skeleton popped out" and got banned temporarily because everyone got so annoyed.

if you get muted for spam, all you have to do is use the /teamchat command, and your team will suffer. worse, they can't stop you from doing it.

this isn't really trolling, but it is an effective strategy for getting points. join the game when no one is playing and have an alt join the other team. wait until point blocks start falling, and collect them all for yourself. extremely useful for cr'ing.

you could try tricking noobs into using /ragequit. not as great or easy to do as the right of passage style /hacks trolling (which sadly, you can't do on this server).

line-breaking: if you see a teammate using /line, you can walk the line and delete it as you go. it also works for enemy lines. be sure to do it again if teammates try to rebuild them.

flag and hide: the act of taking the other teams flag and then hiding underground, or in another clever place. this prevents both teams from capturing, effectively pausing the game until someone finds you. on the larger maps, this could take a very long time (unless they use the anti stalemate mode to force you to drop the flag). if you troll this way, perhaps you should choose a place to hide close to the enemy spawn. this means that you can get it back easy if they make you drop the flag. but then again, they will look there first, so be careful.

although recommended, you don't have to hide underground. you also could hide in a tree, or in a secret. try to think of places that no one will ever think of looking in.

anti stalemate trolling: if both teams have the enemy flags, if a player gets tagged, the flag carrier on his or her team will drop the flag. if you allow yourself to get tagged whenever this happens, your team will get mad at you, and they will be trolled thouroghly.

spec killing: if someone chooses to be a spec, you can easily kill them. as they can't fight back, this can be very entertaining. it is better to choose a specific person to be your victim, as they will get annoyed faster. this is against the rules, so be prepared for punishment if you get caught.

spec-icide trolling: the opposite of the above method. if you become a spec and then walk right into a battle, you can accuse someone of spec killing you. bonus points if you say that they should be banned or demoted because of it. after you get killed a few times, you may get in trouble. if this happens, you can scream innocent intent, and tell the op that they are abusing their power, and that you are the victim. you can troll the ops through the roof with this.

orange block trolling: telling a noob that they can get points if they place and remove an orange block quickly. this is one of the only tactics in this guide that you won't get banned for doing.

duel'n'hide: starting a duel with someone, and then hiding. the other player is stuck trying to find and kill you, and will be otherwise unable to play the game. this works well if the person is already annoyed by your antics. if they won't accept your duel, trash talk them until they get annoyed enough to want to accept. on some maps, you can set up traps for you to kill them. if you can win this troll-duel, they will hate you forever.

point block trolling: there are several ways to do it. you can threaten to destroy a point block if you are not allowed to troll others. or you can do it anyway. (although there is a way to still get the points, some people don't know how to do it) you could also place hundreds of fake point blocks, making it hard when someone is trying to find the real one. also, you can place tnt underneath a fake point block. from a distance, you can wait until someone takes it, and then remotly detonate the tnt, killing them.

lavaing: as lava slows you down considerably, you can troll the hell out of someone by placing lava around them. it works great if they are coming back with the enemy flag, or if they are in battle with another player. placing it in and around spawn will annoy your entire team, as they have to perform the tedious chore of cleaning it all up. overall, this will make people want to ragequit if you don't stop.

CR'ing: (oh come on, you knew this was coming) typing /cr. this command makes you self destruct, killing you, and anyone close to you. the best part: it works on teammates as well as the other team.

this is the ultimate way to troll on this server. you can use it to prevent someone on your team from capturing the flag. if you do it close to your flag, you might be able to capture the flag instead of them. another method is to follow them as they go for the enemy flag. after they grab the flag, blow them up.

you can also spawn camp...your teams spawn! once i prevented my whole team from leaving spawn, and the enemy team won the game within 2 minutes completly unopposed. preventing a single person from leaving works great too. after you do it to them a few times, they may ragequit or ban you. either way, you win.

once someone gets mad enough, start following them around and cr'ing them when you get close enough. this drives people bonkers. or do it while they are in battle.

finally, mix up your strategy. perform one or 2 methods in one round and then do others in the next rounds. and always ask people "umad?" or "umadbro?"

if you know of any other ways to troll this game, leave them in the comments below.

thank you for reading, and happy trolling/getting banned!

RE: The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - Jacob_ - 08-19-2016

Thanks for the helpful guide! Moved to CTF Strategy.

Quote:flag and hide: the act of taking the other teams flag and then hiding underground, or in another clever place. this prevents both teams from capturing, effectively pausing the game until someone finds you. on the larger maps, this could take a very long time (unless they use the anti stalemate mode to force you to drop the flag). if you troll this way, perhaps you should choose a place to hide close to the enemy spawn. this means that you can get it back easy if they make you drop the flag. but then again, they will look there first, so be careful.

That's specifically against the rules so it can be easily countered by getting an op to kick/ban you.

Quote:point block trolling: there are several ways to do it. you can threaten to destroy a point block if you are not allowed to troll others

You can put another block where the crate use to be, delete it, and still get the points.

And you forgot the only admin-approved trolling method: Tell new people they can get free points for placing and destroying orange blocks quickly. Just try it.

RE: The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - Random Guy - 08-19-2016

This is a very useful guide! Might have gotten demoted....

RE: The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - XenonMan - 08-21-2016

There is someone out there that is wasting oxygen writing this long drivel of a post thinking that it's funny

I will lock this thread to let you look at this 10 years from now so you may know how much of a fucking retard you were as a child

RE: The Official Trolling Guide for Jacob_'s CTF! - Jacob_ - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 01:58 PM)XenonMan Wrote: There is someone out there that is wasting oxygen writing this long drivel of a post thinking that it's funny

I will lock this thread to let you look at this 10 years from now so you may know how much of a fucking retard you were as a child

That's a little rude.